Monday, May 5, 2008

Babbel.com for Language Learning

Again, I know it's late in the school year for most of us, and summer vacation is right around the corner. But I have been using Babbel.com over the last few months, and I think it is a really great language learning tool. All of you language teachers might find this pretty useful for next year.

I actually don't teach languages, but I have always found it rather helpful to know a little bit about the languages that are in use around me. Most of my students are either taking Spanish or German, and they are surprised when I can converse with them in the language they are studying. It always makes for an interesting way to connect with my students on yet another level.

And, there is always the "let's learn another language with all my free time over the summer" kinda project.

Have fun with this one.
Let me know what you think.

www.babbel.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Wesley,

I'm not a teacher but I have been a student on www.edufire.com and I have found this site to be very helpful in helping me learn both Italian and Spanish. It's pretty cool, they offer tutoring sessions via video chat, an active forum community, language flashcard and videos...and I have found this site to be great for networking with people all over the world!

check it out at

www.edufire.com

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.